February 13, 2007

WSOP Qualifier So Far this Year

Well, the posts are few and far between. Seems to be only about the local B&M WSOP qualifiers.

So far , I have played 3 of these tournements. Busted out of 1, snagged 4th, and a 7th. So, 2/3 FT finishes. Not bad this year.

My game has changed quite a bit this time around. I am being much more conservative. My normal hyper-aggressive style has just gotten me busted out too many times, either by my own over confidence, or easily being trapped.

In both FT finishes, I felt like I was barely hanging on. No huge wins, no monster pots, no big gambles. Barely staying about 5-10X the BB. I doubted my ability to make it through to the next break. But both times, before I knew it, it was down to 4 tables, then 3, 2, then there I am, Final Table. Almost always with the lowest chip count.

Sitting pretty good at the moment with my point standings, but I need to maintain those points with a few more FT finishes, or taking first.

♥ ♠ ♦ ♣

No comments: